The Fertility Institute
The Fertility Institute of New Orleans has accomplished over 14,000 pregnancies. The Fertility Institute's nine physicians and more than 50 staff employ both traditional treatment and the latest advances in reproductive technology including in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). Each patient has their own physician, but benefits from the expertise of all the physicians, scientists, and specialized staff.
Fertility Institute physicians are on the Faculty of Louisiana State University and Tulane Medical Schools and have authored over 125 peer review publications. Dr. Richard Dickey, the Fertility Institute's founder is Director of the Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at LSU Medical School in New Orleans.
New Patients, whether physician or self referred, are welcome at any of the Fertility Institute of New Orleans' clinics. First appointments can often be scheduled within two weeks, and in emergencies (threatened miscarriage or tubal pregnancy) can be seen the same day. Call for an appointment at 1-800-375-0048, and ask to speak to Susie or one of other infertility counselors today
ARC Makes Fertility Treatment Affordable
The Fertility Institute of New Orleans is a member of Advanced Reproductive Care (ARC), the Nation's leading network of Infertility Specialists. Our patients have access to a wide range of fertility treatment packages offered by The ARC Fertility Program (www.arcfertility.com). Affordable programs are custom designed and enable you to have access to the highest quality infertility care.
The ARC Refund Guarantee
The ARC Refund Guarantee program
(www.arcfertility.com) is available for couples looking for the security of having money back if they do not deliver a baby following treatment. Ask ARC about The ARC Refund Guarantee™.
Fertility Institute of New Orleans IVF results are reported in three formulas, live births per cycle, per retrieval and per transfer.
|2009 - Delivered and Ongoing Pregnancy Rate Per Transfer|
|(See "Success Rate" for Live Birth Rate per Cycle)|
Reasons to Choose the Fertility Institute
The Fertility Institute has been a Pioneer in the introduction of new infertility treatment in the Gulf South. The Fertility Institute performed the first IVF in the Gulf South in 1983, and was the first clinic in the world to achieve a pregnancy with its first IVF. Other Fertility Institute firsts include:
- Performed the first gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) procedure in the Gulf South, 1985
- Achieved the first successful IVF pregnancy in a patient with a unicornuate uterus, 1987
- Achieved the first sex selection male and female in preselected in vitro fertilization babies
- Achieved the first zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) birth in the Gulf South, 1989
- Achieved the first subzonal insertion (SUZI) birth in the Gulf South,1994 Achieved the first partial zona dissection (PZD) birth in the Gulf South, 1993
- Achieved the first intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) birth in the Gulf South, 1995
- Established the first frozen embryo program in the Gulf South in 1987
- Recognized by Optum as a Center of Excellence in the area of Infertility